AN EXPERT GUIDE TO ACHIEVEING A DEWY GLOW
Winter, cold and the snow season are generally not a skin’s best friend.
During the winter months our usual beauty routines are not always enough to prevent the drying, peeling or flaking of our skin’s appearance.
What’s happening and how can we regain our usual dewy glow?
In winter, the air is less humid. The moisture from our skin’s surface evaporates faster, especially when we move from a warm indoors to the chilly outdoors. Even hot showers in winter are a no, no as it can leave skin dehydrated, lifeless and less plump.
If you like your hot showers and like being outdoors despite the chill, we’ve curated our top five tried and trusted solutions to achieve and maintain a healthy, glowing skin in the deepest of winter.
- Augustinus Bader The Rich Cream - Our top selling skincare solution – cult favourite of Victoria Beckham, Margot Robbie, Georgia Fowler and Lily Aldridge. Last year, this miracle worker turned my flaky snow and wind ravaged skin into plump, hydrated and glowing skin in a snap.
- CODAGE Après Ski - Travel pack for the extreme cold. Dashing away for a weekend at the slopes? The perfect on-the-go pack to throw into the overnighter. Packed with travel size Moisturising Mask to use après ski liberally or as a thin overnight leave-on treatment after a super dry day. The Intense Moisturising serum glides on like silk, while the travel size “Oh my cold” serum will see you through the coldest days and nights.
- U Beauty Resurfacing Compound - Arriving early July 2020. The ideal addition to an existing skin care routine for those seeking a solution for rejuvenated skin in winter. A perfect pairing to Augustinus Bader, applied after cleansing without the need for toners or other serums, a glowing complexion is noticeable in as soon as 6 days. With a clean, vegan, non GMO, gluten-free formulation, this special compound resurfaces, tightens, renews whilst tackling uneven skin or pigmentation from post summer days in the sun. Dark spots are brightened and lightened, fine and deep lines are faded. A special SIREN complex acts like a magnet scavenging free radicals and neutralising them to leave skin healthy and radiant.
- 302 Lip Balm - Hands down the best lip care product to see you through winter and beyond. Packed with good fats of avocado and jojoba oil to plump, heal and nourish - our saviour to hydrate chapped or dry lips. Not only is that pout protected from winter and the snow, the ingredients smooth the fine and deep lines around the mouth and improves skin’s resistance to the wind, sun and cold.
- CODAGE Skincare Water – Moisturising and Energising. This skin lifesaver is a salvation for dry skin everywhere. This handy hydration mist can be applied throughout the day or to set make-up before you head out the door. Equally exceptional in summer, this year-round must-have can be spritzed over the top of make-up or sunscreen to quench the driest or dehydrated skin. Hands down one of our top staff picks this season.
Words by: Suyin Ginn, Business Development and Spa Operations